NASA is currently exploring new options for nuclear thermal propulsion, moving away from the highly enriched uranium graphite composite fuel used in the NERVA program. See what NASA is doing with new materials and designs for crewed missions to Mars!
- Dragonfly: NASA’s Newest Nuclear Powered Spacecraft
- ESA’s RTG Program: Breaking New Ground
- TAGS-85: Power Conversion System for the Outer Planets and Beyond!
- Topaz International part II: The Transition to Collaboration
- Ecologies of Rotating Habitats: Basic Design Considerations and Modeling Possibilities
- Topaz International part 1: ENISY, the Soviet Years
- Dumbo: America’s First Forgotten NTR
- SNAP-50: The Last of the SNAP Reactors
- Beyond NERVA is Changing!
- US Astro-nuclear History part 2: SNAP-8, NASA’s Space Station Power Supply